⚠ Some information on this archived page may be out of date. Click here to return home. ⚠
- An Online Dating Guide to Courting in the Victorian Era. Thanks to two young readers who sent this link for your edification and enjoyment.
- Amelia Ann Blanford Edwards: One of the inspirations for the character of Amelia Peabody. Read about her life, and also read her book 1000 Miles Up the Nile, about her experiences in Egypt. Amelia Edwards and her book are brought to you courtesy of the Celebration of Women Writers website.
- Godey’s Ladies Book: Selections from the popular ladies magazine of the 1800’s. This website focuses on volumes issued from 1855 through 1858.
- Victorian Web Sites: Compiled by someone in Japan.
- Women and Social Movements in the United States, 1830-1930: Amelia would approve. Collections of primary documents related to women and social movements, done by students at SUNY Binghamton. The only thing lacking is a study of “bloomers!”